Saturday, May 5, 2012

My MOMA

.
MOMA Performance 3

Here we are, the city so nice they had to name it twice: New York, New York, my home town. A shiver went down my spine in the taxi from Penn Station to our hotel on 3rd Avenue. No place like it on earth.

Our afternoon activity was a visit to the Museum of Modern Art. There were performers in the atrium wearing scarlet clothing with cyan stockings on the women. They used their bodies to spell out three letter words. Go figure.

The big attraction was a huge show of Cindy Sherman's photography. (And you couldn't take any in the exhibit.) All she shoots are pictures of herself in myriad costumes and disguises, adopting characters and telling powerful stories in a single frame.

We will confront the Metropolitan Museum of Art this morning, followed by the Rubin Museum of The Art of The Himalayas. My sister and brother in law are coming in from Jersey tonight to meet us for dinner.

MOMA Performance 4

MOMA 2

MOMA 1

6 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I am not familiar with the museum featuring the art of the Himalayas. We will have to visit it next time we are in New York.

Birdman said...

Love Cindy Sherman's work. Hard to be bored in that city.

Virginia said...

Funny, that's the same shiver I get as i take the bus or taxii from CDG into Paris. I don't want to talk about the feelings I have when I have to go home.

Your photos today are exceptional B. Boy oh boy!
V

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sounds like a highly cultural afternoon Bob, enjoy your NYC!

William Kendall said...

That first fellow looks like he might have once worked for the Ministry of Silly Walks, but couldn't quite master the Silly Walk.

Carola said...

Wonderful shots with the right art atmosphere.