Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dialectic

.
Annie Malone Parade 2012-05-20 7 (Dialectic)

Spectators at the Annie Malone Parade. Thesis and antithesis, but what's the synthesis?

Some readers may have noticed that the Thursday Arch series has been gone for a bit. I got sort of burned out on it. No fresh ideas. We have a three day weekend coming up in the US so there be some extra time. I'll take another crack at it.

Just confirmed everything for a return to my beloved Maine Media Workshops this summer. I'll be doing an intensive workshop in street photography, which is most of what I do anyway. This place is heaven on earth for photographers, both pro and serious amateur. Hope to visit with Birdman in Portland on my way up and Ming The Merciless in Bangor on my way back.

7 comments:

cieldequimper said...

They look rather sweet.

Three day weekend here too.

Olivier said...

cela doit etre sympa un cours de photo de rue. et j'espere que tu vas trouver de nouvelle idee pour l'arche , car elle me manque ;o)) (ce qui ne doit pas etre facile apres tant d'année)

Pierre said...

Beautiful portrait... A happy day!

Birdman said...

BIG and bold...small and sweet. It takes all.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the portrait and the workshop sounds brilliant Bob, is it over a weekend or longer?

Jack said...

This workshop should stimulate you even more. Enjoy it!

Lynette said...

You've just done it here, Bob. I think the black and white works perfectly, especially juxtaposed with all of the colors seen in the photos of the Soldan High School marching band.