Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thursday Arch Series

.
Helicopter Ride 2011-11-19 21

Of course I got some Arch pix from the helicopter. The light was so dull. I wasn't flying the aircraft (much to everyone's benefit) so I couldn't set up an angle I'd prefer. Still, a few were okay. I chose this image for today's post because I thought it was the most dramatic, the most unusual view for us groundlings. I may use others on the next couple of Thursdays.

It's very hard to comprehend from this photo, but remember that the Arch is exactly as wide as it is tall.

It's late Wednesday night at a Kansas City airport hotel as I write this. We drove here from St. Louis this afternoon. Up and out in the morning to get son Andy on an early flight from Chicago, then west into Kansas for Thanksgiving with Carolyn's family. Prairie pix to follow.

10 comments:

Olivier said...

LA photo attendue, vue de hait elle est encore plus impressionnante, superbe photo et bon choix du b&w.

Babzy.B said...

wow , impressive from above :)

cieldequimper said...

Fabulous. Hope you have a couple more to last into December Thursdays.

s.c said...

Still a great shot from above. Like it .

Birdman said...

Strong image of your Arch. THANKS!

Regina K said...

Wow, you go to great heights to capture this arch series. These have been great all week. Happy Thanksgiving.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I just knew you'd get a spectacular view of the arch from above Bob and you didn't fail to deliver..not only the arch but a bridge as well, fabulous!!

ardiola said...

Hi,
I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I like your photos very much,Im originally from a small country, compering to yours, and your images impress me a lot. My present country on the other hand is very historic, you may miss that in US.
Au revoir.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Of course, of course !!!
We were all waiting for it!

What an outstanding design. The curves are nothing but simple. I still find incredible that an elevator runs inside to the top. What an engineering feat.

Lincoln St Louis said...

Love the arch; it's a marvel that we can build those things!