Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Night In The City

.
Citygarden - Night 2011-11-11 3

Citygarden at night. The darkness is broken, though, by selective lighting on the sculpture, some of the foliage and the nearby buildings. The wacky architecture of the Civil Courts Building is on the left. The top glows yellow and red these day. The lights on the side of the building after hours are always in that sort of double-L pattern. It's all a bit unsettling.

When I wrote the title for this post I had an immediate association with a song I liked a lot from 1967. Geez, that was the year I graduated from high school. It's a near-miracle that I can remember it.

8 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Lol, and I was babbling my first words... :-) I like the lights though I can see what you mean about the double L. Good thing there aren't four Ls.

Olivier said...

superbe photo de nuit et le choix du b&w est tres bon. une tres belle pause longue, j'adore

s.c said...

Nice one in B&W. I think stronger then in color. Thanks for showing

Choppography said...

I agree with S.C. The b/w really works well, and you really hit the exposure on this one. I think the colored roof of the Civil Courts building would ruin the shot....creepy indeed.

Virginia said...

Stunning shot. And about that song, never heard of it and it's not because it was before my time!
V

Sharon said...

I really like this shot! I always enjoy seeing the Civil Courts Building.

Birdman said...

What no Francona? Cards might have made a misstep there.

T. Becque said...

Nice night shot and the contrast is pleasing as well. I'm happy to say I wasn't born yet for your song! :)