Wednesday, February 23, 2011

An Artist's Hands

.
Chris Burchett's hands 2

I am amazed at people who can play a musical instrument really well. It takes a degree of physical coordination and accuracy I can't comprehend. Way back when, I studied both violin and piano. Good ear, bad hands. On the piano, I could not make my fingers on the left and right sides do different things at the same time. Then, thank heaven, CDs were invented.

Chris Burchett's hands danced over his guitar strings. It was fascinating to watch them while listening to his music.


Looking East From Citygarden 2011-02-12 It's a nice afternoon on Downtown St. Louis 365.

Chris Burchett's hands 1

5 comments:

cieldequimper said...

C'est magnifique. Et la guitare est un de mes instruments préférés.

Anonymous said...

They always make it look so effortless.

Birdman said...

The b/w adds to this one. Tumblin' fingers.

Virginia said...

OH these are good B. I love the hands of artists of any kind. You caught these so well.
V

magiceye said...

beautifully composed and shot