Monday, January 25, 2010

The Frozen Bride

.
"Honey, tell me again, why are getting married in St. Louis in January?"

"Babe, it was Maui or that rock you were begging for. You can't have everything. But look, you got me."

There are certain locations downtown and in Forest Park where you often see wedding parties and their photographers. Of course, down around the Arch is a prime venue. I spotted this couple on a blustery winter day at the foot of my favorite monument. Did she have to do bare shoulders and arms? Not even a white quilted bolero vest? Anyway, I couldn't resist a little sniping with the telephoto.

14 comments:

Olivier said...

l'amour fait faire toutes les folies, même se marier en hiver en tenue légère ;) c'est beau

Chuck Pefley said...

Brrr!

cieldequimper said...

Lol, starting out married life sneezing!
Having said that I would choose winter over Maui any day.

Stefan Jansson said...

I'm sure they will remember this day with warmth for the rest of your lives!

Pat said...

I often wonder why married couples pose outdoors in springlike clothes! I think if I got married in the winter and wanted an outdoor shot, I'd do something funny, like don a parka.

I'd definitely have sneaked a shot like this, too.

Luis Gomez said...

Love your text!

Virginia said...

Non! A white mink jacket! :) GREAT shot, I'm LOL.
V

Patty said...

they have their love to keep them warm!

Louis la Vache said...

Too bad your telephoto didn't pick up the goosebumps! Mercy, she must have been cold!

Dana said...

I have to turn up the heat just to *look* at this photo!

Nathalie H.D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathalie H.D. said...

Olivier is right..... "l'amour" is the answer!

Who said Maui? My guess is that their honeymoon is to St Petersburg, Russia, with daily swims in the frozen Neva river on the program. You know when they dig holes in the ice for people to enjoy their morning swim? They're training for that!

brattcat said...

I bet after the photos were done he put his warm suitcoat over her shoulders.

PJ said...

Bridzilla doesn't mind the cold, she thrives in it.