Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Balancing Act

.
More from Circus Harmony's show at the City Museum. The young women cantilevered from the ring in the top picture are the daughters of the director, Jessica Hentoff (I'm sorry I don't recall their first names. Jessica, send me a note and I'll fix this.) This is the pair in the spotlight from my post on New Years Day. Below, the whole St. Louis Arches troupe lines up for inspection with Abraham Adoka topping the pile.

TOMORROW: Thursday Arch Series. A cold one.

HEY, BY THE WAY, I keep forgetting to mention that I finally finished the selection and editing of the pix from our trip to Nepal and Tibet last September. I took something like five or six thousand snaps in two and a half weeks and got them culled down to a manageable number. All shot in RAW and buffed up in Photoshop. If you would like to see them, click here.

9 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

They look like a very talented troupe of kids! I bet they even swing from the chandeliers, literally!

Janet said...

Wow! I wonder how they do that!

Olivier said...

Majestueux, et belle prouesse.

cieldequimper said...

Ugh I shudder. Wonderful early 20th century feel to your photos!

Chuck Pefley said...

Brilliant! What a show!!

brattcat said...

Ah, the energy, strength and balance of youth.

brattcat said...

Just finished looking through your Nepal and Tibet images. Wow! These are beautiful, sad, funny, sweet, hunger-inducing, jaw-dropping, surprising (ie monk on cell phone), awe-inspiring images. Some are truly national geo/museum worthy. I don't know why I find so many of the shots with the prayer-flags exceptionally appealing, but I do.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

These people look like they are ready for Cirque du Soleil.

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» is far too much a klutz to ever do any of this!
A tip o' the hat to those who can!