Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mitrata Nepal Foundation

.
You may have noticed the last thing on my left sidebar, promoting the Mitrata Nepal Foundation (click it!). Well, these women run the U.S. side of the operation here in St. Louis. Mitrata has a children's home and school in Kathmandu. It provides care and education to orphans and kids whose families have no means to support them in one of the world's poorest - and most beautiful and sweetest - countries. They had a table at out annual Festival of Nations this weekend, which celebrates all of the lands and cultures that contribute to our region. We will be visiting Mitrata soon.

Nepal is the only country on earth that has the creativity to break out of the rectangular flag habit. That's it in the center of the table. Mrs. C and I will arrive in Kathmandu on Saturday. She knows a little Nepalese. I can barely manage "namaste" but I can hardly wait.

4 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Those three Nepalese beauties and the Nepalese handicrafts made a wonderful representation of Nepal! Nice shots!

Virginia said...

Well I did my part at a Nepalese shop in the Marais of Paris. I could have spent much more if I'd had more Euros! What wonderful craftmanship. These young women are just beautiful. I know you and Mrs. C are going to have a fabulous trip and we will reap the benefits of your images.
V

cieldequimper said...

Ha, I'm leaving on Saturday too! This must have been a nice foretaste (is that English?), the ladies are beautiful.

Stefan Jansson said...

Looks like a great event.