Tuesday, July 14, 2009

STL DPB On The Road: Chicago

.
Running for our plane so just a quick note. This is the sculpture Cloud Gate, popularly know as The Bean, in Millennium Park.

BY THE WAY, there is a funny sort-of portrait of me today on U "R" Us' Chicago DPB.

TOMORROW: hope to get some pix of President Obama throwing out the first pitch at the baseball All Star Game here tonight. We'll be there. The post will probably be up mid-morning my time since we'll be out late and I have a court appearance early tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I love Millennium Park and all the great artwork there

Hilda said...

That's so cool! I love it!

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to see "the bean" as we chicagoans call it. It really is pretty cool to look at...our family favorite is to stand under it, look up and take our picture. And never mind the fact that the chi town skyline looks so cool at night reflected into it!!

Man, could have had you here to help celebrate my kid's HS grad and send off to SIUe come fall!!

Phil Novara said...

Incredible artwork that gives a distorted sense of reality. Something truly unique to Chicago and all its other wonders.

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Wow! That is amazing and absolutely unique!! I love it!

Buenos Aires Photo