Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

.
I honestly do not know what this person in the Pridefest parade was holding. I was just firing away into the parade through a telephoto lens with the camera on burst mode. So, let us use our imaginations. The title was chosen because we saw a great show on Surrealism at the Art Gallery of Ontario today, which made me think of this.

And from Toronto - the waits in line to get to the top pf the CN Tower (the main observation deck is at about 114 stories and the so-called Sky Pod at about 144) were awful but it was really cool at the top, except for the wildly overpriced and oversalted burgers in the restaurant. Pix from there on Flickr soon. Then on to the spectacular Art Gallery of Ontario, completely remodeled and open again only last fall. The picture below is what is in effect the grand staircase. Tomorrow is Canada Day and almost everything is off due to the municipal employees strike.

6 comments:

B SQUARED said...

Somethings are better left a mystery.

Olivier said...

beaucoup de mystère dans la dernière photo, je cherche le bon sens, bel angle de prise de vue

Virginia said...

I think B2 is right. I can't go there either!

Now about that staircase. My mouth is hanging open B. That is one fabulous shot. It reminds me of a similar one I took at the Louvre but yours is sooo much better than mine. It's a winner in every respect.
V

cieldequimper said...

The second shot is incredible, very abstract and intriguing. As for la pipe... isn't it some sort of horn? ;-)

Wayne said...

I'm not much for the tourist traps, I've never been up the CN tower.

That is a great shot from the AGO.

The strike has been on for 3 weeks or so. It hasn't been in the news recently but it's back in the headlines now because of the holiday.

magicpolaroid said...

la dernieur photo c'est trez beau!! ur blog is so interesting!