Monday, June 29, 2009

Roller Derby Is So Gay

.
St. Louis annual Pridefest and Parade was yesterday, as in much of the world. It's my annual photographic candy store. Everyone is welcoming, friendly and loves to have their picture taken. I only got hit on twice - me, a 59 year old straight guy. I don't know whether to be glad or disappointed .

Here's a portrait of a member of the St. Louis Arch Rivals, our women's roller derby team. I've never been to a match and I could just kick myself.

Mrs. C and I arrive in Toronto tonight but I'm sure there will be something more from the parade tomorrow.

4 comments:

Olivier said...

on dirait une pin-up des années 1960.
they would say one pin-up of 1960s.

Virginia said...

Well I'm not surprised you got hit on B.!( I THINK I'd look at it as a compliment :) You didn't let us down today. We are going to have to see many more from this event so keep them coming.
V

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

I've never understood why some people are so hateful towards gays and lesbians. Thanks for this post and the funny picture.

Tammy said...

Come see us on July 11 at the All-American Sports Mall at Lindbergh and I-55 in St. Louis. Doors open at 7 p.m., bout starts at 8 p.m. We would love to see you there.

Thanks for the great pick of our wonderful Suri O'Killer.