Sunday, May 17, 2009

STL DPB On The Road: The Dummies of Wall Street

.
We were walking around the financial district. I wanted to take Cindy and Alaina past the New York Stock Exchange, Federal Hall and all that stuff. The intersection of Wall and Broad Streets was blocked. A security guy told us that they were shooting a TV commercial "for some bank that will probably be out of business soon." An actor dressed to look like a businessman came out of the subway with a wild look of confusion on his face, running randomly among these, well, dummies, costumed to look like the people who would normally be around. It was quite surreal. By the way, that is the NYSE in the background.

8 comments:

Virginia said...

Yep, that's surreal alright but a great photo. You are Johnny on the Spot here Bob. I know you're having fun. Happy snapping!
V

Sharon said...

How fun to run into a scene like this and in NY it can happen anytime. One time when I was there I walked right into a scene from Law and Order. Actually, they had just finished shooting and I walked for a block right next to Jessie L Martin.

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Dummies? That is actually a great play of words and a nice allegory. What are they going to tell the customers with this TV spot?

Buenos Aires Photo

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

fuunnny! what an idea for a commercial and how lucky for you to capture it

Virginia said...

I'm back. I"m wondering why they had to get dummies for this scene. Aren't there enough DUMB ASSES on Wall Street ???

cieldequimper said...

Well, I think 'tis pretty cool actually and gave you the chance to shoot a perfect photo!

Wayne said...

The figure in the foreground is very well done. I'd have been impressed if it were a painting. As a waxwork (my guess) it's even more impressive.

Stefan Jansson said...

I'm guessing that security guy you talked to could have landed a part in this commercial had he wanted to.