Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ole Blacksmith

.
I got some pretty good candid portraits at the Gypsy Caravan flea market and this one is a favorite. This man and his brother make black iron ornaments and implements for home and garden. He insisted his wife come sit on his lap for the picture and you can just see the affection. I'd love to send them a copy but their card doesn't have an email or web address. Tom or Jim, you have my email on my card. If you see this send me a message and I'll be happy to make you a print.

Yesterday's post received the least response in a long time. I really like it. Well, I once used the nickname Strangetastes. If you think Friday's picture was strange, wait till theme day on Monday. That photo hasn't actually been made yet. Hope I can pull off my idea.

6 comments:

Janet said...

Ah, the village blacksmith! Nice photo.
About your May 29 photo, it took my computer a really long time to download it, and I have high-speed Internet. No problem with any of your other post pictures though. I waited for it to download today, and it's a great picture.

Anonymous said...

It is a nice portrait. I used to wake up to the sound of our blacksmith pounding on the anvil.

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

This is such a fabulous portrait. Lots of personality here. I'm just seeing yesterday's for the first time here. I think it's great. There's a wacky absurdist rhythm to it.

cieldequimper said...

Ha, I must be a weirdo, I really liked yesterday's picture. This double portrait is very good, the gent looks so perfectly regal and happy.

Virginia said...

Who loves ya baby! I liked yesterday's post!!! THis guy and his wife are great. I hope they get their print. They should love your portrait of them . Well done.

Stefan Jansson said...

That's a very fine portrait.