Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chicas

.
One of the things I enjoyed the most about about the Cinco de Mayo festivities was this group of young ladies from St. Cecelia's parish school in the neighborhood. They all wore traditional Mexican dress-up clothing and danced through the streets as part of the parade. I was lucky to find them hanging out on a corner when the parade was forming up. I walked over to them, gestured with my camera and said, "Señoritas - ¿permiso?" They thought it was pretty funny.

I've added a lot more photos to this set on Flickr here.

TOMORROW: that doesn't sound like La Cucuracha.


8 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Lovely shots! They look like they were having fun, like they should be!

Olivier said...

j'aime beaucoup la dernière photo, avec les filles qui dansent, une très belle photo
I like the last photograph very much, with the girls who dance, a very nice photograph

Janet said...

Great catches on the camera! I love the colorful skirts.

Sharon said...

Perfect photos for today's holiday.

Virginia said...

I did a similar scenario in Paris! It worked every time.
Nice shots of the festival today B. You and I are eerily on the same wavelength with the skirts!
V

Stefan Jansson said...

Some good photos here. Love the last one with the dancing girls.

PJ said...

You seem to have a real feel for dancers. The swirling skirts and their bright colors are a delight.

Fotos de chicas said...

Great pics by the way! Viva Mexico!