Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday Arch Series - More HDR

.
Another HDR concoction. If I didn't tell you, you might not notice that it's HDR. The more I play with this, the more I appreciate the images you can get with restrained use of the technique. They can be very vivid without being crazed.

A side note: I shot this from the levee, the paving stone slope leading down to the Mississippi. You can see the river level on the right. During the floods last spring and summer, the water level was well above the street behind the short wall on the left.


WHAT NICE AT HOME BETWEEN ME AND MY WIFE: neither of us is a bit sentimental. We've completely blown off Christmas decorations for years. Haven't had a tree since the kids moved out. It's much more important just to have us all here together.

TOMORROW:
gasp! More HDR. This time it's in the semi-desolate, old commercial area south of the Arch (one of my favorite parts of town).


There is a new Arch picture
today on GATEWAY.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

le mode HDR rend vraiment très bien sur cette photo, juste ce qu'il faut.
mode HDR is really productive very well on this photograph, righteous man what is needed.

Virginia said...

Well Olivier says a righteous man is needed. Can you fill that bill, Bob????? I like your use of 'restraint' here today. I think you are getting a handle on your zeal in a good way!

You not sentimental? April in Paris? Come on!
V

Victor said...

Surreal. In a good way.

Knoxville Girl said...

I can see the difference between this and the other two. But for my money, give me Desolation Blvd. with a heaping order of Crazed.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I'm too much the purist to really appreciate HDR but as a photographer it might be commercial suicide to ignore it. What I like about your use from the others I've seen is the creativity and yes restraint used. All the gizmos in the world can't make up for the magic eye, and you ceratinly have that.