Monday, November 10, 2008

Bowl No More

.
Little know factoid about St. Louis: since 1984, we have been home to the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame. Until Saturday, that is, when it shut its doors. Despite being across the street from the baseball stadium, it had very few visitors. It got no promotion and did nothing to make people aware of it. Some years ago, the Cardinals baseball team took part of the space for its own hall of fame but it wasn't enough. Now, I haven't bowled a line since my son's bowling birthday party when he was about 10, so 2008 - 1990 = a while ago. Although I drive by the place almost every day going to and from work, I set foot inside for the first time on closing day, camera in hand. It was really pretty interesting. Over the next few days we will look at some of the neat stuff inside.

WHAT'S TICKING ME OFF:
the old camera I had modified to shoot infrared doesn't seem to be working right. Everything comes out in shades of red. If I can find the solution to the problem, you'll find out here.


TOMORROW:
women who set 'em up and knock 'em down.


COME BACK THURSDAY FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

6 comments:

Virginia said...

Love the tumblng pins. This place sounds and looks like a great place for photographs. i can't wait for more.

Women who set em up and knock em down. Would that be Men or Pins?? HA Guess I'll have to wait and see.
V

Pat said...

I never went there either and lived in STL for over a decade.

Where's it heading to? It should be part of a bowling Alley like in Vegas at one of the resorts.

Unknown said...

Very nice set of bowling pics!

PJ said...

I can't begin to imagine what brought on the convergence of bowling and baseball but I'm just going to go with it.

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Cool! I too have driven by that place a bunch (certainly not as much as you), and never set foot inside. PS I found the battery for that camera if you ever get it working and need a spare. Will try to remember to bring it along to KS in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

love the bowling pics!