Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A 4-sided regular polygon with all sides equal and all internal angles 90°

.
Yeah yeah yeah, it's stereotyping and prejudicial and it would feel completely normal if you lived in that time and place. But, having admitted my bias, aren't these people square? I mean, bowling in a dress shirt and tie? Beaming over a baroque but cheesy multi-tiered trophy with a clock in it? (If you really need to know the time, become a bowling champion.) Heavy-set, middle aged Polska mama knockin' 'em down while someone who looks just like Edward G. Robinson leers lustfully over her shoulder? I mean, really. These are display panels of Great Moments In Bowling History or something at the dear departed International Bowling Museum, which recently closed its doors in downtown St. Louis.

WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS:
a
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens, which lets you shoot portraits with unsurpassed clarity. But, um, then there's the price, so fat chance.

TOMORROW:
Thursday Arch series WITH A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT.


4 comments:

Virginia said...

I don't know when I have enjoyed your posts as much as these last two days! lileks.com has a place for these on his website I know! And that trophy? Someone made that bad boy in shop class! Bravo!!!!

PJ said...

I love this series, especially the pink sweatered lass. The last time I went bowling I thought I was in pretty good shape and woke up the next day with a sore a--. So, really, anyone who can bowl at the age has it going on, IMHO.
I'm really intrigued that the museum looks to be so substantial, I wonder why it wasn't being promoted. I guess it's time was up. Where is all this memorabilia going?

Victor said...

Love these images Bob. And as for Santa, why not just get the Canon 85mm 1.8 prime lens for portraits and save the rest of the dough for your next trip to Japan? Cheers!

Virginia said...

I have an idea. why don't all you Canonites sell me your old lenses when you buy your new razzle dazzle million dollar babies??? let's make a deal!!!!