Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bzzzzz

This my absolute favorite group from the PrideFest parade. They represented a florist, appropriately enough. The bee in the back of the car and in the picture below is the Queen. And all so happy. Must have lots of honey around.

Photography tip: two things helped make this a better picture. First, fill flash, and I mean a full strobe unit, not a weensy on-camera flash. The picture world be dull without it. Second, a willingness to sit or lie in the street.

TOMORROW: Thursday Arch Series


7 comments:

slim said...

I came over to check out your theme day ... a day later. I too don't always follow conventions. This is a hoot or more appropriate to say "the bees knees" ... so creative and so much fun ... will you be posting the lions ... you did say that this was the Pride Parade . . .very well done and thanks for the parade tips.

Virginia said...

They are the bees' knees!HA Tell Santa I need a better flash, I have a weensy one. Thanks for the tips. I am willing to get down, just unable to get back UP!

Olivier said...

photo culte ;o) Les déguisements les plus originaux, j'adore et ils ont raison il faut sauver les abeilles.

photo worship ;o) disguises the most original, and I love it because they need to save the bees.

iBlowfish said...

LOL, cute photos. Their pose were funny.
Anyway, thanks for your comment in my blog yesterday. I hope I can stick around for another year.

Knoxville Girl said...

The queen looks quite amused. Thanks for the tip on flash, too.

Ming the Merciless said...

OMG, this is hilarious!! I absolutely LOVE the outfits and the theme.

I think yellow and black are the new colors for Fall 2008.

ananda.tashie said...

What fantastic, lively photos! :) (Sadly, I missed the pridefest here this year.)