Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine, A Day Late and a Blossom Short

This picture technically has something to do with St. Louis. It was shot in my living room. I'm about out of material and need to get out this weekend and shoot some new stuff. Not on the street much during the work week. This will have to do for today.

My first name is Robert so I made my wife a Sponge Bob Valentine card in MS Publisher. I glued bits of sponge to the envelope. She liked it a lot. She got me a book that's a comic look at the many wonders of Latin in the ancient world and modern language. I like it a lot.

By the way, these are tulips, not the traditional roses. Shot with a Lensbaby, of course. I have a set of photos of tulips and lilies, shot over a two-day period, on Flickr, here.

7 comments:

iBlowfish said...

I really like your picture, superb! Everything just perfect, color, composition and the distortion from lensbaby. Keep them coming.

monoblog said...

very delicate capture, I like it a lot...

Olivier said...

les tulipes sont aussi de superbes fleurs de la Saint Valentin. Tres belle photo

Tulips are also very beautiful flowers of Valentine. A beautiful picture

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Ha! That's super cute of you guys. Lovely lensbabying there too. There's an implied sense of motion that makes it seem the tulips are bursting forth.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful shot.

My dearly beloved sent me a YouTube clip of unromantic Valentine's cards. I liked it a lot (fortunately!)

Pat said...

Very nice! How lovely of you to go to all this work for your dear wife. Means a lot!

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Troop 1309 said...

I like that shot, good job!