Sunday, May 27, 2007

More from Laumeier Sculpture Park

Laumeier has one knockout piece after another. I wish their web site had more detail about the sculptors and the names of the works. (See post of May 18.) This picture was also taken at the big Mother's Day weekend art fair. The scale of the piece can be seen from the people at the bottom, sitting at tables and having a snack. You can see the details of the photo more clearly if you click on it to see a bigger size.

TOMORROW: Black and White Week Continues - A Skeptic

2 comments:

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Ooh me likey. The BW here makes the sky look like menacing dark clouds to me at first. I that is because the quality of the light almost looks like sun before or after a thunderstorm.

I don't know if I remember this sculpture. New?

julia said...

This piece has grande vision or something, the B&W - well, I don't have an informed opinion about photography except that it is terrific.And, perhaps, Post modern?